Effective marketing is marketing that is compelling, relevant and timely.
For that reason, interactive and mobile marketing are a growing part of our clients’ marketing mix. Consumers are “connected” all the time – to their phones, to their computers, to their social networks and their friends.
Mobile is rapidly emerging as the highest reach and most powerful communications platform across all media channels. It is also becoming the ultimate direct response and real-time marketing vehicle. Mobile devices are fast becoming personal remote controls. Here are just a few statistics about why brands and organizations should increase their mobile technology and marketing budgets:
- There are nearly 3 billion mobile devices, compared to 1.5 billion televisions and 1.1 billion PCs
- Nearly 85% of mobile handsets are mobile web capable
- Smart phones are changing the way people interact with web and other people; Smart phone sales are growing 85% year over year
- Mobile and social media are closely linked; social networking on mobile devices increased 80% year over year
- The mobile Internet is about connecting with friends and viewing news and information
- Growth for mobile advertising continues, driven by increasing budgets by CPG, auto, and travel categories
- Average mobile media user is 32 and 46% are female.
- Younger demographics create their own ringtones, use social networking services and listen to music (web 2.0 type services)
- Mobile Internet services (browsing, apps and e-mail) skew 55-60% male.
- Given the choice of consumer electronics, Gen Yers choose mobile devices over PCs, 47% to 38%
- Mobile phone owners with young children – under 6 years old – are the most receptive to receiving opt-in alerts via mobile device, with 35% being interested in receiving messages and alerts about new products, sales or promotions from their favorite merchants, restaurants, or stores.