Thinkers. Doers. People with curious, open minds. Funny. Humble. Hungry to learn and grow careers and skills. Problem-solvers who look for new, often unconventional, solutions. Individuals unbound by job titles or functions. Prima donnas need not apply.
If you feel this describes you, and that you have much to contribute and learn, then we want to talk with you.
The Senior Copywriter is responsible for conceptual development and copy deliverables, including advertising, web sites, email and other forms of interface design. These responsibilities include creating and communicating concepts, implementing marketing strategies and developing short and long form copy solutions. The Senior Copywriter will work with and lead a collaborative team that includes an Art Director and Designer. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, this person will demonstrate the ability to review and justify concepts to both the client and the project team.
- Works with the Creative Director and department team to develop concepts for interactive client advertising campaigns, web sites and new business proposals and presentations.
- Collaborates with internal, multidisciplinary team members (Account Services, Media, Traffic, Customer Insight Group and Web Development) regarding the execution planning of creative concepts and branding strategies for advertising campaigns.
- Follows creative briefs by interpreting instructions and disseminating results to team members in an effective manner.
- Writes, revises and edits all copy for banner advertising, emails, websites and other interactive communications projects.
- References copy when necessary, and prepares submission materials for medical/legal review.
- Works collectively with an art director/designers and manages any freelance copy needs.
- Reviews the work of project teams, taking consistency of design and messaging, strategic accuracy and adherence to client goals and brand guidelines into account.
- Presents creative concepts and designs to clients.
- Incorporates client revisions and feedback as appropriate.
- Communicates the progress of copy related creative development to Project Manager.
- Delivers products in a timely fashion to meet set deadlines.
- Oversees and prioritizes work effectively.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must possess the ability to draft concepts, presentations, correspondence and other written materials as required.
- Must have strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to speak effectively before clients, staff or other internal and external groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment with multi-disciplinary teams required.
- The ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment is a must.
- Ability to guide others in the artistic development and execution of creative advertising projects/campaigns within pre-defined client objectives required.
- Must demonstrate a solid understanding of current creative media, mediums and trends.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Business Writing, Advertising or related discipline, minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in copywriting, strong attention to details, team orientation and communication skills along with excellent proofreading skills are essential requirements